Someone's Coming To Town...

Started by coldReactive, November 04, 2009, 11:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red-Machine

There goes the neighbourhood...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

coldReactive

Quote from: "Red_Machine"There goes the neighbourhood...

Well, the last president who came here was Truman in 1950. Plus, Obama is going to speak about Edumacation.

NejinOniwa

Well, at least someone cares when your head of state comes to town.

Our fellows...

The prime minister looks like an egg, and the king...well, yeah. He's...eh. Old-fashioned, we can call it. -.-;
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

......all i'm picturing is some odd cross of the golden tamagotchi egg and führor king bradley. xD

you gotta admit, he's better than the last one.

and even the last one was better than nixon.

and if it's any consolation, i have a demon coming to visit next april. :3
click to make it bigger

Bella

Congrats on having the Pres come to your town. :3 I saw his motorcade last summer, on a trip back from Cape Cod Mass. It was really cool.

Chocofreak13

and you saay NOT massachusetts. which reminds me, will we be seeing you at AB next year, bella-san?

the prez came to derry (one town over) during the campaign. kinda wish i had seen it. xD
click to make it bigger

IanDanKilmaster

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"you gotta admit, he's better than the last one.

Settin' the bar awful high aren't we?

I concur, but disappointed we aren't quite yet out of the shadow of the Clinton/Bush dynasty...

Quoteand even the last one was better than nixon.

Now, on this point we differ.  Tricky Dick was a shithead who did some awful things, but he also managed to eek out some bit of positive change - the EPA and OSHA, that was him.  Number 43 was still better than Bonzo, however, that chimp was the absolute worst.

I'm pleased to see you are happy with his arrival, coldReactive, if only for the fact I'm sick of all the bellyaching coming from the crazies who follow the fat guy who cries and yells and the fat guy who eats pills.  I'm not too keen on the Obama hero worship either, but meh.  He did come down to my neck of the woods at one point during his campaign, but I was waaaay out of town at that time.  Admittedly, I was a little scared for him, after all, it wasn't but a few months later I overheard a couple of bigots "conspiring" to burn down my local F.Y.E. because they had so many magazines with his face on the cover.

The Choice of a New Generation.

stewartsage

He came to speak at a local college during the campaign, traffic was hell but most of my class went to see him so it was all good.

Red-Machine

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"the prez came to derry (one town over) during the campaign. kinda wish i had seen it. xD

Is that Derry as in the town in Maine?
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Chocofreak13

derry as in new hampshire. :3
oh, and,

[attachment deleted by admin]
click to make it bigger