Proposal for Our site Official TAN

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, March 24, 2009, 05:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey

Man, you're just as bad as me... :D

*high five*

*low five*

*box*

And to be brutally honest; I recognise a lot of OSC in her...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

This, gentlemen...THIS is why we have nice things.
<3
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Chocofreak13

ian, i like yours. (except the hair, is it a hat? and i can't support alchohol, even though everyone here does. ;__; )

at any rate, NO NO NO! OT WAS AIMED AT SMOKEY AND NEJIN LAUGHING OVER ADD EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE HERE PROBABLY HAS IT!!

when i said 4chan, i meant futaba (forgot the name). os-tan originated from there, and our site is all os-tan. thus, we originated from futaba (to a point).
hmm, i should combine 1 and 4, i've been busy with comic-making! =D  (though i get discouraged and call myself a failure and think of giving up every time i see jen's work. T__T )

ora ora, i give up. *sits and wails like a two year old* "the fashion show's over, but i still feel so tired! and yet relieved at the same time!! why!?"
click to make it bigger

Raffaele the Amigan

I have no time in these days so I relized just a few modifications to my old characters:

1)

I merged Marika + Chrissie in a single character named Marie-Christine:

Pardon the bad file, I just sketched her on a checkered notebook and I have no time to work on her:

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=196&pos=2

As many persons believe that Chrissie was was too young (Smokey for example)...

Quote from: "Smokey"really young, though...

...then I realized a mix of Marika + Chrissie (Christine) and named her from the two previous girls.

...(but Is Chrissie 13 so that young?)

She took features from both previous girls:

Computer Genius

Ph.D. in Computer Science

2)

Also the 30 of march (it was sunday) I had some inspiration and I realized a very intersting sketch of the couple OSTAN + OSKUN.

I think that both character are very very interesting for an on-line comic of my own, so I wonder if to keep it for myself and not to donate them to the site (or at least leave the rights to OSTAN-Collection Site to publish them with no copyrights fees)...

And also I think that it is sure your right to see them even if reduced, shrinked and with no details about their look (Sorry pals):

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=196&pos=0

http://ostan-collections.net/imeeji/displayimage.php?album=196&pos=1

He is a videogames and console addicted, she is a computer genius!

Added after 11 minutes:

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"OT!!! OT!!!

at any rate, so far i like raffaele's color and concept for her 3rd (except the cross, crosses tend to repel me a bit o__o; )

I realized her wearing a cross because of her name (Chrissie = Christine)...

But do not forget the fact that in non-christian cultures, the cross it is just a sort of jewel design as any other...

And sometimes the cross could be a very elegant element of dressing...

Look at Misato Katsuragi from Evangelion:

Pegasos computer: CPU PPC G3 600MHz, RAM DDR 512 MB PC3200, Graphic Card ATI 9250 256 MB videoram. SO MorphOS 1.4.5
;011 -(Caramba! El nuevo Peggy computador es Amiga compatible y muy Mejor!)
[/color]
"God, what an incredible thing we did!"
(R.J. Mical, engineer of original Amiga developing team at Amiga Inc. 1982-1985).
[/color]
"When the Amiga came out, everyone [at Apple] was scared as hell."
(Jean-Lous Gassée, former CEO of Apple France and chief of developers of Mac II-fx, interviewed by Amazing Computing, November 1996).
[/color]

Smokey

Ah, touche...However, even though Misato may not wear it because she is a christian, the NGE serie is packet with christian references...

Also i do think that 17 is a better age, since these forums aren't that young anymore (well, in relation to computer developments)...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

I should probably point out there are different styles of crosses as well, and there are particular styles one can easily identify as religious symbols.  My own knowledge consists of Celtic Crosses, Iron Crosses, Latin Crosses, Inverted Latin Crosses, Greek Crosses, Ankhs, St. Anthony's Crosses, High Crosses, St. Andrew's Crosses, Maltese Crosses, Sun Crosses, Calvary Crosses, Patriarchal Crosses, and Crucifixes.  Typically the symbol most associated with Christianity is the Latin Cross - the same style of cross upon which their messiah was crucified.  It is so much a symbol associated with the religion that the Inverted Latin Cross is instantly associated with Satanism or some other evil, despite the fact that Peter, another religious figure from the Bible, was crucified on such a cross.  While each of these crosses are pretty much somehow related to religion (mainly Catholicism), the Greek Cross (more or less the style Misato wears) isn't so readily associated with religion.

In any case, I do not really understand why the -tan should be young but meh...

The Choice of a New Generation.

NejinOniwa

Two centimeters of cross + or - : SRS BIZNS.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Kiso

Woah... what I miss under a few days of troubled Internet access... so much to read... so much to catch up on... so tired...

Can I be pointed to the right directions as to what has been done for THE OSC mascot character?
Sponsored by: iLurk - the new service that lets you stay and not be here | Procrast - the program where nothing intended gets done | HTML - home town messing life

IanDanKilmaster

Well, there are four pages of designs if you haven't already checked them out, but if you're asking if anything has been settled on, the answer is no, at least, not yet.  What's really cool about this is we've had submissions from numerous people, some who, as far as I know, haven't posted art anywhere else on this forum.  So it seems this topic has been a real shot in the arm in terms of forum involvement.  Sadly, we still have yet to see a submission from Capt-sama (though she has announced her intentions to do so) or Toki (who has probably had trouble getting internet access again, so who knows if she'll get her chance).  Anyway, I'm looking forward to the progress in this forum, so if you'd like to submit a design, dive right in.  Since we haven't really settled on any aspects of the design, feel free to do whatever (as long as you can relate it to OSC).

The Choice of a New Generation.

Chocofreak13

on the topic of the cross, i like crosses and churches, not for the religious aspect, but for the archetecture and design.

raffaele, i love the combo design you did, so pretty! <D and the os tan/kun idea is brilliant. :3
btw, you guys asked for a combo of 1 and 4: (i've been playing comic artist lately, so there's a comic with it! xD )

click to make it bigger

Smokey

Strange  choice of jury you have thar...^_^
Thanks Fedora-sama

Chocofreak13

it's like american idol (even though i don't watch that show). guess who's simon? xD
click to make it bigger

Smokey

Thanks Fedora-sama

VonDaab

Toki

The answer has been here all along! Obviously Toki is the OSC mascot.

Just kidding. How do you create a personification that personifies a site dedicated to personifications? I'll try... >w<
CUTE IS JUSTICE!!