Proposal for Our site Official TAN

Started by Raffaele the Amigan, March 24, 2009, 05:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NejinOniwa

Face is cleaned up and colored. I like to work on these things like this, but it always keeps hogging my time like it's fucken springtime for lightspeed or something... -w-;

Shameless self-advertising on progress goes here.
YOU COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS

Smokey

Ah, good progress.... keep it up...
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

NejinOniwa

On Randomness, I'd like you to remember that an OSC-tan should be created with the state of our site in mind...

Seeing as the amount of material and posts dedicated to what's actually this site's main purpose (the monitoring, creation and discussion about OS-Tans and such), is dwarfed so much out of proportion by things dedicated to entirely different things, be they on-topic in their respective thread or not, she definitely deserves some sort of randomness trait. It might not be the flippy-yippe-OT-time kind of randomness (not only that, at least) but something in that direction - for example, a habit to doze off and/or getting easily distracted.

Added after 33 seconds:

Also, too tired to keep on coloring today. Too much other stuff to do. HAUU~ ;-;

Smokey

Ahh, like ADD?...

Added after 41 seconds:

I got ADD, that stands for Attention Deficit- ooh a butterfly.... lalalalala....
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

I see what you did thar >:3
Maybe not to that level, but in that direction, I guess.

(Damn you Smokey, now i feel cruel. What man in his right mind gives his creation a mental disorder? I mean, srsly.)

Smokey

Damn you too, Nej...!

You made me laugh heartily over the cruel thing i did...
Then i realized i would be able to retard my creation, wich made me laugh even more...

Damn, damn you for making me look so evil, while i am actually a caring sweet man... (aagh! that made me laugh sarcasticly)

Okay, i think she has to have a sense of humour as well, be it dark or not...
Thanks Fedora-sama

NejinOniwa

As the benevolently evil demon overlord dictator of this thread I declare OSC-tan's sense of humor to be the following:
YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

>:3

Chocofreak13

OT!!! OT!!!

at any rate, so far i like raffaele's color and concept for her 3rd (except the cross, crosses tend to repel me a bit o__o; )
von daab's 1st and 3rd,
nejin's coat idea
aurora's design
and the floppy motif that has been passed around.

i say 4chan sould be involved because like it or not, there were born of 4chan and MUGEN. ignoring that is like ignoring 1.0-tan and the other vintage-tans!

as for the randomness, denying the fact that we're random is a blatent lie. look around!! you can't find a single topic that hasn't gone off topic at least once!

at any rate, back on topic pwease??
click to make it bigger

VonDaab

Quote from: "Chocofreak13"Oi say 4chan sould be involved because like it or not, there were born of 4chan and MUGEN.
Wat?
No, seriously?

Cockleshell

I think someone forgot about futaba...
What's in your hand, back at me. I have it, it's an oyster with two figures of your favorite Touhou characters. Look again, the figures are now vials of the Hourai Elixir. Anything is possible when your waifu smells like Old World and not a man. I'm a frog.

Aurora Borealis

Yes, it was Futaba Channel where the OS-tan phenomenon originated!

They just happened to achieve some popularity in 4chan and in MUGEN later.

Smokey

Anyway, i don't think we should incorporate that in our design, even though OS-tans originated from futaba, This forum hasn't...
Besides do any of the WinOS-tans look alike?
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Quoteat any rate, back on topic pwease??

This is on topic, we're discussing what should or should not be a part of the design, and while I do think the idea is cute, I don't think it represents the forum.  Instead it makes things appear as if we're another of those 4chan knockoff boards, and as OT as we get here, I don't think that's the case.  On the other hand, this board has evolved beyond the realm of OS-tans and yes even those topics find a way to go OT, so I think it's difficult to avoid incorporating those ideas altogether.  I just think it's important to keep in mind, we are OSC... not something else.

Anyway, I did draw a -tan based on the things that Smokey an Nej were discussing earlier, but it's more of a joke than anything else.

The Choice of a New Generation.

Smokey

Post! Post!
You're making me interested here... Something based on something i was a part of... Hard for me to believe, you see?
Thanks Fedora-sama

IanDanKilmaster

Since you asked for it...

Now obviously there are some problems here.  First, and most importantly, what the hell does this have to do with OSC?  Admittedly, very little, I just wanted to draw a -tan in a schoolgirl uniform.  Second, like my other drawings, this one is unfinished in a number of ways because I'm lazy.  So this is largely drawing off of my comment from earlier likening an OSC-tan based off of the randomness to a -tan just repeatedly ramming her head into a wall.  Then, Smokey just had to make the comment about ADD to which Nej replied "What man in his right mind gives his creation a mental disorder?", it was a question that just begged for an answer... so I gave it :P.  It's bad, I know -__-;.

The Choice of a New Generation.