VIRUS ALERT!

Started by Red-Machine, March 20, 2009, 06:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Mario

Oh well. Even the up-to-date antivirus is just enough to save your ass, leaving e-mails alone being dug up by AV, so there's no reason to worry. (I'm using Kaspersky AV on Windows XP x64 and a custom AI-based AV on my GO64 OS.)

As an experienced hacker, I recommend that you update your AV daily.
;025 Now, Bowser... What can I do with you...

Smokey

Auto-update and auto-fullscan... Lovely things... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
[Img disabled by Fedora-Tan]
Thanks Fedora-sama
Homer no function beer well without (Homer Simpson) ^_^

Dr. Mario

It helps. Also, for much faster "search and destroy" operation, use a larger RAM, because AV will be likely to have a larger encrypted "to-do" lists, mostly to relax the CPU of task-intense loads. Minimum of 512MB RAM will do fine.

Smokey

Oh, i only have 4GB... ^_^
I dont tell you how to tell me what to do, so dont tell me how to do what you tell me to do... Bender the Great) :/
Thanks Fedora-sama

Red-Machine

I just upgraded the ME machine to 512, runs a lot smoother now.
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Dr. Mario

Should be good enough.

Smokey

Yep, even XP will run fairly smoothly on 512MiB, although she could also do with 1GiB....

But we were talking ME, and she'd run great on 512MiB...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

Yeah. Well, if ME is to be on 4GB or larger banks without crashing, overhauls in EMM386 and HIMEM will be required.

Smokey

Yep, but that's with all 32-bit OSes... Or in case of a well written one it'll just ignore the RAM it can't adress...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

Sometimes, ME will simply convulse by the unaddressable RAM. It's a well-known unstable OS, though.

Red-Machine

I've had no problems.  Tho it can only identify 511MB of the ram I put in it.

Strangely DXDiag reports 510MB...
Red_Machine: Flouting the Windows Lifecycle Policy since 1989!

Dr. Mario

Exactly. 512MB is all you need without her baring the teeth.

Smokey

And you ususally lose 1 or 2 MB due to... heck i don't know but it usually is like that...
Thanks Fedora-sama

Dr. Mario

To the UMB area of ME's MS-DOS kernel, of course, on the RAM memory. UMB is the area that Emuii-san (ME-chan) can't touch without crashing.

Smokey

Oh, right... completely forgot about that... Old windows works as a glorified DOS-shell...
Thanks Fedora-sama